Six Pack Abs – Abdominal Exercise Equipment
Six pack abs are desired by almost everybody. Getting those washboard abs are becoming a necessity because of long and convincing infomercials that we see a lot. There are numerous abdominal exercise equipment in the market nowadays like abdominal belts, abs-rockers, abs-lounges and many more.
When choosing for the correct equipment you would need to consider some things first. You should not be deceived into buying fancy equipment which you do not really need. You can do some research about abdominal exercise machines and workout equipment before you buy them. The selected equipment must be easy to move and easily detachable.
Before attempting any rigorous fitness schedules at home with the newly purchased machine, consult with a doctor first regarding injuries and medical conditions. Make sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for maintaining the machine. All said and done, the bottom line is any piece of exercise equipment is a good choice if one uses it.
So what are the benefits of having an abdominal exercise machine at home? This would allow you to focus on hard on the target. Some abdominal exercise equipment is poorly designed or made from weak, undependable materials; some can even be dangerous to use. Strained or torn abdominal muscles are incredibly painful, and can put you on the shelf for a long time. Buying poorly designed abdominal exercise equipment is a risk you don’t have to take.
There are steps to ensure that you are choosing the correct abdominal equipment for you:
- Choose the equipment based on how much space you have and how intensely you plan on working out. If you live on a small apartment, you may wish to opt for smaller devices.
- Make sure to adjust your abdominal equipment so that you are comfortable throughout your exercise. Lay your towel where you can easily get it to absorb your sweat.
- When picking up or using weight, make sure that it is not too heavy or it will injure you and will make you fall.
- You can interlock your feet, ankles, or knees in the abdominal equipment you are using. This would give you added support and stability while working out.
- Begin by inhaling , tightening your abdomen back toward your spine and then raising your neck and head a few inches off the ground. Exhale as you roll up. Support your head with your hands so you don’t strain your neck.
Some great pieces for your workout include:
1) Stability Ball Exercise Ball
The stability ball is a great piece of equipment. In addition to increasing range of motion for crunches and other abdominal exercises, the stability ball also improves your balance and coordination. You can start with the basics such as regular crunches or oblique crunches.
2) Medicine Ball
The medicine ball is simply a weighted ball. Although some people may think that medicine balls are only for boxers and athletes, medicine balls can really enhance your core workout.
3) Ankle Weights
Ankle weights can increase the intensity of reverse crunches and leg raises. When regular leg raises become really easy, you can add ankle weights to increase the muscle work in your abs.
4) Cables or Resistance Tubes
Here is another way you can add resistance to your abdominal muscles to break through strength. You can perform cable crunches from a low cable tower by lying on the floor and holding the resistance behind your head. Or you can perform cable crunches from a kneeling position.
There are number of equipment in the market that you can use to get yourself six pack abs. Your just have to choose the correct one and the one that suits your needs the best.